Appropriation Art Blog Post


In this project, I had to find one artist that I like and choose one of the artworks that the artist had made. The artist that I chose is Vincent van Gogh, and I chose starry night. I like this picture because of the color, it is all united, the color of every part matches each other and looks good. He showed the dark city using blue and makes the moon pops out using yellow which is the brightest color in this piece. I started by making 2 sketches, in the first sketch, I wanted to change the tone of the artwork by trying to make hell. I would color most of the part with red making it completely different from the original. In the second sketch, I used the moon as the foreground and use Earth instead of the moon.
Image result for starry night





































Artist Statement: Vincent's work reflected how the city was, he wanted to show that it’s still possible to see light in a dark night and he knew that he would still be in peace after his death. I wanted to shift the meaning of the artwork and show that earth is our home and even from the moon, you could still see your home. Another meaning I would like to show is that there are many more astonishing things we haven't figured out beyond Earth. I used acrylic paint and a big brush to show the impasto style. It allows me to add many layers of different colors to show mixed emotions from my artwork.

Comments

Popular Posts