3D Art Reflection

In this quarter of 3D Art class, we get to make the face jug or the ugly jug. It comes from the NorthSouth Carolina and Georgia regions made by African-American slaves during the mid-1800s, they used it to scare the ghosts away.  We are working on our project for about 8 weeks. First we need to get a piece of clay and make it flat and thin to roll and make a jug, after that we need to push the inside of the jug to make a face and we need to get another piece of clay to add some details to it. Then we need to make a handle and the base and put it on the furnace. The best part to make the face jug was to make the face at the jug. I got the inspiration of the sketch from the skull of the buffalo on the wall. The purpose of my jug was to scare people. I'm planning to color my face jug red because it's like a devil. I really like 3D Art class because I like to play with clay and make something out of it.

Comments

Popular Posts